Having a blog about baked goods doesn't necessarily mean that I love to bake. As a matter of fact, I don't bake at all! I actually eat more of what's being baked. There is a substantial amount of respect that I have for the people who come up with these delicious meals. They contribute to my weight gain, but they help me satisfy the delightful cravings that I have for an "easy to go" meal. Now, these don't have to be the types of deserts that you have to have on a plate; that's for fancy dinners or late night snacks (i.e. cheesecake, carrot cake, etc.). I'm talking about baked goods that you can take with you on the road. Something you can enjoy with a side of coffee, or maybe a post snack after you've indulged yourself with a wonderful three course meal. I'm talking about muffins! There are other names for these wonderful, delightful snacks- cupcakes, cakes, or what the French would like to call "mouflett". In the end, I know that I'll be satisfied. The great thing about muffins is that they come in a variety of flavors. You have your conrbread, chocolate cakes, blueberry, it goes on and on. But it doesn't have to stop there. One can create divergent amounts of flavors. That's what's so cool about these baked goods. You can go over and beyond what you normally eat, and just create wonderful creations that you've never thought of doing. Or, if you're not up for that challenge, there are cookbooks out there..http://southernfood.about.com/od/muffinrecipes/Muffin_Recipes.htm. But, that's what's so great about muffins. There is always room for error. So for all you unexperienced chefs out there, you have nothing to worry about. Theres always solutions to satisfy your needs for a tasteful treat. But, I'd prefer the muffins at bakery shops. Those store bought muffins are just there for emergencies. Or, maybe for generous purposes, you can take it to a class presentation and share amongst your classmates. Remember, sharing is caring; especially with scrumptious muffins.
All along, people are always having a misconception that muffins are a sweet, high carb treat; Although, that is true, there are a few ways to avoid that kind of mess. If you are on a diet and you're just trying to find a way to fulfill your appetite without touching those sugar packed snacks, then look away, and turn to the one and only brand muffins. I have to say, when it comes to making the attempts of being healthy, this muffin hits the spot. Either with a cup of coffee, or a glass of cold orange juice, this muffin can never go wrong in the health department. But remember, you have to be aware that store bought brand muffins can have "fake labels" on them. So maybe try your best to take a trip down to the ole bakery shop and get yourself a fresh baked one from their store. If not, there are always other ingredients you can discover to make yourself a healthy treat. http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_muffin_recipes
Now, that you've heard me (novice) talk about the world of baking, there is no reason for you to just be sitting down reading this! Go out there and enjoy the world of baked goods. There are people out there who consider these types of things as their "full course meal". I personally make my living off "easy to go" foods. Muffins aren't no exception. They're the apithamy of what I like to call a college student's refreshment. Lets face it, as college students we hardly have anytime to grab in the morning. Maybe a breakfast burrito would do the job. But who wants to constantly pay for a meal that cost $5.00, when you can make that at home. Stop with all that none sense. It's not bad to have it here and there, but baked goods, especially muffins, are the easiest snacks to take with you. And the prices are great.
So get creative and go out there to show the world how much of a muffin lover you are. Save each person's morning by offering them a home baked muffin; it might make their morning that much better. If you're a bad chef, or not a chef at all, in the end, we all would love a delicious treat to start off our day. Why not start with a muffin?
Awesome!
ReplyDeleteWith all the Rachel Rays,Rachel Ray wannabees,and pretentious bloggers who are full of themselves while they should be full of muffins instead, out there,its nice to hear an simple and honest post from someone who isnt pretending to be a master chef,but someone who just loves to eat these sweets like the rest of us!